Thursday, 30 May 2013

Progress: My first low volume/value/impact quilt

Firstly, I just want to apologise for how long is has been since my last post. I know when there is an absence of posts, it feels like the blogger is doing nothing, being lazy and off with the fairies.

This week I had a bit of a bad week with my health, saw a few doctors and my abilities in the areas of walking, moving my fingers/elbows and crouching were significantly hampered. As such, my sewing skills took a nose dive. My health is an unpredictable rollercoaster and so I sew whenever I am able. I leave the house when I'm able to. Otherwise I'm mostly house bound. That's why I originally took up sewing.

On days my arms were behaving, I made a little progress on my low impact quilt. :D
Here are a few photos:





I'm still deciding on the backing for this one. I'm tossing up between a low value backing of just one fabric OR making a backing out of two or three different fabrics. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment