Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Blueberry Park Custom Screen Printed Fabric



Hello hello!

Today I have a little purchase of mine I HAD to show everyone.


  
I honestly have no idea how I stumbled upon Karen on Instagram, however, it was one of the best things to ever happen!
I remember scrolling through her photos and seeing her modern, crisp and minimalistic designs and knowing straight away, that she was a) super talented, b) on trend c) that I needed some of her creations.
We emailed, after I may have been gushing and fangirling a little enthusiastically on one of her photos, and she put together this charm pack for me. She graciously helped clarify my choices for colour combinations and was ridiculously ok with me wanting stupidly specific things. This lady has the patience of a saint.
About two weeks later (I do live in Australia, and postage to this remote outpost can take up to a month sometimes) I had the lovely little package in my hand. Even with her frequent updates and sneak peeks, I was still amazed at the quality and beauty of such a "simple" thing as fabric.

Now, Karen has no idea that I am writing this and I am no way being told to promote her. I just wanted to show everyone how lovely these little guys are. Plus, I'm all for the little guy. Small business needs support, especially if we want variety in the market, encourage creativity, little ideas, competition etc. If we aren't willing to spend that tiny bit more for handmade products from small businesses, who will. It's like the idea, if you're wanting to buy a house, you don't go for the most popular/well known salesman - you go for the second best. He has more to prove, he will put in more effort to get to the top, he hasn't gotten lazy or complacent from being the top of his game.
   

Even though I am on a disability pension and I have little money to spend on frivolities, I believe there are some things that are worth it. Karen does not disappoint. Pretty packaging, handwritten notes, washi tape and wrapped in tissue paper and twine.
 

Also, she's a nice lady!

These are links to Karen's store if you want to see what other things she makes; including pencil cases, totes and fabric panels.

Official Blueberry Park Store
The Blueberry Park Etsy Store

Until next time,

Cara

2 comments:

  1. Cara, firstly thank you for your beautiful write up and gorgeous photographs. Secondly I am so happy you love your fabrics so much. It was an absolute pleasure to make this charm pack for you and know that you are so pleased with them. Can't wait to see what you create with them and thank you for supporting the little man ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to make something with these! I have a few UFOs to finish first, but you will be first to know what I will do with them :)

      Delete