I have been trying to keep updating the blog as often as possible. My only worries are that I may not have done much sewing and so update with non-quilty related stuff and bore you, or have done too much quilt stuff and so everything posted with all be too jumbled OR a mix of both.
I am still attempting to find my flow, what will interest you, the balance of content and whether or not you already follow me on Instagram and so feel as though I am repeating myself.
Until I find my stride, I apologise if I range from removed and impersonal to over-sharing or too emotional and sentimental or just factual and cold or image heavy posts or overly wordy posts.
I really want to make this blog thing work. So far, with my medical problems, it looks as though I may not ever be able to have a full-time job (or even part-time). The progression of my symptoms recently has been rapid and a little scary.
The idea that there may be people out there interested in what I have to say, what I do or think....is one of the few positive thoughts I have. My illness has resulted in me being physically isolated from people and so feeling a sense of community or importance to anyone outside my family (who kinda have to love me hehe) has been one of the things that has kept me strong.
August has been pretty eventful. It has been a full year since my parents and I went in halves for my beautiful new sewing machine. After a few months of me hogging my mum's, we realised that sewing wasn't just a passing interest. It was, and still is, one of the few things I am able to do. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment. At the end of the day, I have something to show for the hours at home....hours I wasn't able to work or study. Sure, I can't sew anywhere near as much as I would like to, but when I am able to, I make beautiful things - and isn't that one things that most people wish they could live for? Just to create something beautiful.
Anyway, back to progress. Although I finished the Lozenge Block tutorial, I never actually decided on a layout or sewed the blocks together into a quilt-top. I have now put it together and I'm waiting to get out and buy some more batting so I can finish it.
I have also been taking part in a swap with a lovely lady from Ireland. We decided to make a foundation/paper pieced ABC quilt. Here is a little progress. I've made about 60% of my letters, so feeling good about it's progress.
I've also managed to squeeze in a little fabric shopping. Here is a little pile of fabulous Denise Schmidt fabrics that were $6 (wowza!!) a metre, plus other pretties.
I will try to update with some good news soon. No promises though, as things never seem to get easier here.