Sunday, 23 November 2014

The Fussy Cutters Club

Over the last few months, I have been lucky to be one of the admins of the Fussy Cutters Club on Facebook.
The aim of the Fussy Cutters Club is to promote the intentional placement of designs within fabric into a pattern. This can be placed by English Paper Piecing (EPP) or normal machine piecing.
 Our first sew along was to make Judy Newman's Dilly bag.
Although the pattern calls for 2" heaxgons, I much prefer 1". The panels were able to be constructed from 1" hexies, however it was much more time consuming to piece so many more pieces.
 I may have underestimated how long it would take.....
 But I finally finished!
 I had chosen to combine two of my favourite Riley Blake collections. Natalie Lymer's 'Enchant' and Tasha Noel's 'Country Girls'.
 To be entirely immodest, I think it was a fantastic idea because I swear they were made for each other!
 This was my first drawstring bag and all the instructions were easy to follow and concise.
 Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment